Friday, January 4, 2008

Burrito Heaven

I moved to Oklahoma almost 3 years ago and and in doing so left behind one of my greatest loves. I arrived on the red soil of Oklahoma only to realize that there were no Chipotle Mexican restaurants within a 2 hour drive. I did what I could, I emailed the company and asked why they were not in Oklahoma City, gave them city statistics, gave them ideas for places they could buy and use. I looked into franchising (which they do not do), and I got time lines on arrival about every 5-6 months. I had to have my burritos.

Well, I am happy to announce that a new Chipotle is opening in Edmond, OK on the corner of 15th and Broadway. Nothing is official yet, but I got an email from an insider at Chipotle today that said they are shooting to open their doors on Friday January 18th. This is a joyous day for Oklahoma indeed.

A little ps. is needed here for all Oklahomans. Chipotle does not have any queso dip for either the burritos or chips. I know this will bother some people, but my advice is to come try it anyway and enjoy the delicious tastes of a gourmet burrito.

1 comments:

Andy and Alli said...

yes! I'm pumped for you man...I know you've been pushing for this a long time. Glad the campaigning has finally paid off! Are they going to ask you to cut the ribbon?