Monday, October 20, 2008

Germany

I just got back from my first ever trip overseas, so i thought that it had to be worthy of blogging about. Sorry for the lack of pictures (those are usually the best blogs), but Crystal took all the pictures and she still has the camera with her, so no wories, pictures will be posted soon.

Germany was a great experience, but Crystal was so busy, that we literaly went from place to place during the day and never knew where we were going to end up each night. It was not the most organized trip once we were there, but we decided that we were just going to have to be "go-with-the-flow" if we wanted to maintian our sanity. I honestly did not experience much jet-lag either way, I think I had the perfect flights going both ways and I am very thankful for that.

Crystal and I were able to go to Paris on Wednesday and it was really a great day. We took the night train from Stuttgart, Germany to Paris, and we had a first class room to ourselves, so we had a nice little set-up of bunk beds that we were able to sleep on. We went right to sleep and woke up the next morning in Paris...I wish I could travel everywhere that easy. We got to Paris and for some reason I do not think the French really like us Americans. There were a few people that were not too impressed that we could only speak english. We spent the whole day on the subway going from Notre Dame to the Eiffel Tower, to the Arc de Triumph, and then to the Louvre. Because it was kind of raining in the afternoon, we spent about 3 hours in the Louvre looking at art and artifacts and we even saw the Mona Lisa. It was a pretty amazing place to be. In the evening we went to the Eiffel tower again to see it all lit up, and it was awesome. (Pictures to come).

Although it was a busy trip, it was a really fun experience. Germany is really a beautiful place and all of the Fall colors were in full effect. The german beer was amazing, and the food was actually really tasty. I really do think though that the best part was getting to know some new friends in the Wieland's. Ralf Wieland is what I call Crystal's German manager, and we were able to spend a lot of time with he and his wife and their little girl. They were so hospitably and took such great care of us, plus they were just so much fun to hang out with. I will miss them for sure.

One of my favorite things about the trip was just the old arcitecture Europe had to offer. Places I had seen on tv, but never actually seen in person was a lot of fun. It was a great trip.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome man - I'm glad to hear it was a great trip. I am sure Crystal was so glad you made it over there! Can't wait to see pics...

Crystal Miller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan said...

BORING! I come here everyday and I read the same post everyday, i am so tired of it...I need more pete miller. Something fresh, something new! Come on, entertain!